Canadian owned and operated and proud to be part of your community. We offer expert service, selection, value and delivery
Simple Steps to Green Your Office
By: Office Plus :: Sunday Apr 1, 2012
- Use electricity wisely. Turn off all computers, printers, photocopiers, and other equipment that doesn’t need to be left on at the end of the day and leave them off until you need to use them again. Check that all computers/monitors are set to their most energy efficient settings . When leaving a room for more than a few minutes, switch off the lights. Use compact fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent ones. Take advantage of natural sunlight as much as possible.
- “Reduce, reuse, recycle” means more than just throwing old notepaper in the blue bin (though you needn’t stop doing that). Do you need disposable cups at the water cooler? Can you use the other side of the used sheets of paper you’ve thrown in the recycle bin?
- Use environmentally friendly office products. On average, they only cost 5% more, which is a small price to pay to cut down on waste and pollution.
- Use non-toxic cleaning products.
- Institute a casual dress code. Not having to wear suits in hot summer months can help keep cooling costs down.